Maintenance Grant is financial assistance that is given to a parent with a child(ren) that are under the age of 18 whose spouse has died, this financial support is for the care of children.
The Target Group (Who Qualifies)A biological parent with a child or children under the age of 18 whose spouse has died and earns less than N$1000.00 per month or is unemployed A childe whose parent receives an old-age pension or a disability grant A parent whose spouse is sentenced to imprisonment for six months or longer Namibian citizens and permanent residents.
- Certified copies of the applicant’s birth certificate and Identity document.
- Certified copies of the child or children’s full birth certificates/ confirmation of birth or baptism card.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s marriage certificate where applicable.
- The latest school report of each school-going child.
- A certified copy of the spouse’s death certificate in case of death If the spouse is in prison, a letter from the prison and a declaration from him/her confirming this.
- Proof of the spouse receiving a disability grant or an old age pension.
- If the applicant is employed, a pay slip with the name, phone number and address of the employer, if not employed a police declaration.
N$ 200.00 per month for each child (no limit of the number of children).Contact Details:
Director: +264 61 283 3164/73
Private Bag 13359, Windhoek
Head office contact details
Private Bag 13359, Windhoek,Namibia
Juvenis Building Independence Avenue
+264-61-238941 / 221304