Income Generating Activity Grant (IGA)
Income generating activity Grant is a grant in form of materials and equipment given to small community members to start up smalll businesses/projects it encourages community members to embark on economically viable projects that could be sustained in the long run. The projects supported include, but not limited to: Brick making, Skin and Leather Tannery, Tailoring, Salon, Miling, Catering, Garden Upholestery, Carpentry. Welding, Poultry and Knitting. the Ministry has the right to relocate the equipments bought with IGA funds to other projects should the project fail to achieve the expected goals within the preiod of three(3) years. The supported Projects are expected to provide the Ministry with progress reports on an annual basis.
The Target Group (Who Qualifies)
- All Namibian Citizens of 18 years or older, previously disadvantaged -who cannot access bank loans due to lack of collateral.
- Women living with disabilities who can engage in business activities.
- Those with project proposals that are economically viable and which have the potential to provide employment to other community members.
What are the main criteria in place to select projects for support?
- The project should be new or in existence.
- The project in existence should produce items with good quality and have market to sell the products.
- The new project should indicate signs to develop/ grow toward the level of a small industry and should also indicate a hope to create employment.
Tel. (061) 2833111/2833123/4
Fax (061) 229081
Private Bag 13359, Windhoek
Head office contact details
Private Bag 13359, Windhoek,Namibia
Juvenis Building Independence Avenue
+264-61-238941 / 221304