Income generating activity Grant is a grant in form of materials and equipment given to small community members to start up smalll businesses/projects it encourages community members to embark on economically viable projects that could be sustained in the long run. The projects supported include, but not limited to: Brick making, Skin and Leather Tannery, Tailoring, Salon, Miling, Catering, Garden Upholestery, Carpentry. Welding, Poultry and Knitting. the Ministry has the right to relocate the equipments bought with IGA funds to other projects should the project fail to achieve the expected goals within the preiod of three(3) years. The supported Projects are expected to provide the Ministry with progress reports on an annual basis.
THE TARGET GROUP (Who Qualifies)
- All Namibian Citizens of 18 years or older, previously disadvantaged -who cannot access bank loans due to lack of collateral.
- Women living with disabilities who can engage in business activities.
- Those with project proposals that are economically viable and which have the potential to provide employment to other community members.
SELECTION CRITERIAThe project should be new or in existence.
The project in existence should produce items with good quality and have market to sell the products.
The new project should indicate signs to develop/ grow toward the level of a small industry and should also indicate a hope to create employment.
Download Application Form
Contact DetailsTel. (061) /2833123/4
Private Bag 13359, Windhoek
- Day of the Namibian Child
- 28 Sep 2019
- Launch of 16 Days of Activism Agains GBV
25 Nov 2019 - 10 Dec 2019
- International Human Rights Day/Namibia Women's Day
10 Dec 2019
- International Women's Day
08 Mar 2020
- Day of the African Child
16 June 2020
- World day against Trafficking in Persons
30 July 2020