The Directorate of Community Empowerment
- Ensure attainment of girls and women empowerment
- Mobilise communities towards socio-economic empowerment
- Improve care and protection for children's well-being
- Develop and implement programmes, relevant legislative statues and projects aimed at ensuring the care and protection of children in Namibia.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of cost-effective, evidence-based strategies to deliver Child Care and Protection interventions.
- Facilitate access by all children to quality health and nutrition, education, protection, and care & support services.
- Contribute to the development an enabling environment for child welfare where political will, financial and human resources match the need.
- Engage and empower families and communities with regard to the child welfare programme.
- Develop policies, guidelines and standards for the provision of Child Care and Protection Services.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to national and international standards and guidelines defined for the provision of Child Care and Protection Services.
- Develop National Capacity for the implementation of Child Welfare programmes at all levels of service provision.
- Establish and maintain a database/data warehouse on OVC for Namibia.
- Continuously advocate for Child Welfare to remain a priority on the National Development Agenda.
- Coordinate the implementation of the National Agenda for Children (NAC).
- Ensure provision of emergency assistance to children in dire need.
Early Childhood Development:
Email: Develias.Ngatjiisue@mgecw.gov.na Tel: +264612833132
- Day of the African Child
16 June 2020
- World day against Trafficking in Persons
30 July 2020
- Day of the Namibian Child
28 Sep 2020
- 16 Days of Activism Agains GBV
25 Nov 2020
- International Human Rights Day/Namibia Women's Day
10 Dec 2020
- Safer Internet Day
11 Feb 2021
- International Women's Day
- 08 Mar 2021