Ms. Joyce Nakuta
Tel: +264 61 2833149
Fax: +264 61 229569
Ms. Helena Andjamba
Tel: +264 61 2833167
Fax: +264 61 229569
Tel: +264 61 2833185
Fax: +264 61 227325
Child welfare means that the right mechanisms are put in place to protect all children. The Ministry advocates for a legislative framework that promotes the protection of children and has adopted a national strategy that coordinates the implementation of all activities.
- Ensure the care and protection of children.
- Empower communities to take care of OVC.
- Strengthen the implementation and coordination of services.
- Develop and implement programmes, relevant legislative statues and projects aimed at ensuring the care and protection of children in Namibia.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of cost-effective, evidence-based strategies to deliver Child Care and Protection interventions.
- Facilitate access by all children to quality health and nutrition, education, protection, and care & support services.
- Contribute to the development an enabling environment for child welfare where political will, financial and human resources match the need.
- Engage and empower families and communities with regard to the child welfare programme.
- Develop policies, guidelines and standards for the provision of Child Care and Protection Services.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to national and international standards and guidelines defined for the provision of Child Care and Protection Services.
- Develop National Capacity for the implementation of Child Welfare programmes at all levels of service provision.
- Establish and maintain a database/data warehouse on OVC for Namibia.
- Continuously advocate for Child Welfare to remain a priority on the National Development Agenda.
- Coordinate the implementation of the National Agenda for Children (NAC).
- Ensure provision of emergency assistance to children in dire need.
- Child Care Services
- Child Allowance Services
Head office contact details
Private Bag 13359, Windhoek,Namibia
Juvenis Building Independence Avenue
+264-61-238941 / 221304