Capacity Building for Gender Mainstreaming Programme
The programme will review and finalize the national gender policy; prepare the national gender plan of action; engender the national and sub-sector development policies and laws; establish Gender Management Systems and gender-based Violence (GBV) database system; develop comprehensive gender data management system; simplify and translate into local languages the gender related laws and policy; sensitize the community and traditional leaders on gender and legal issues; publish and disseminate materials for advocacy on gender issues; and establish and strengthen GBV safe havens for GBV victims. The programme beneficiaries are women and girls, men and boys.
Enhanced institutional capacity for integrating and monitoring and evaluation of implementation of gender equitable policies, legal frameworks and programmes.
- Increased knowledge and information on social support, treatment of and protection against gender-based violence.
- Established and functioning GMS for institutionalized implementation and monitoring and evaluation of gender programmes.
- Enhanced support to national response on HIV/AIDS by addressing a gender dimensions in prevention treatment, care and mitigation among women and girls
- Conduct Gender Analysis of sub-sector policies, plans and legislation
- Review and design Gender and Women's Empowerment Policies and Strategies.
- Develop systems for data management and production of Gender Sensitive Programme Indicators
- Conduct Research and Disseminate Findings
- Develop the capacity of programme staff and partners in Gender and Development Programming
- Train in GBV prevention and management
- Review and strengthen safe havens for victims of GBV
- Develop and disseminate GBV materials
- Advocacy and Policy dialogue for strengthening legal framework on GBV issues and HIV/AIDS
Head office contact details
Private Bag 13359, Windhoek,Namibia
Juvenis Building Independence Avenue
+264-61-238941 / 221304